This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using OpenCL on Odroid-XU3 is slower than without OpenCL

Hello, I'm using Odroid-XU3.
And I installed Opencv 3.0.0-rc1 on odroid-xu3 ubuntu 14.04.

I have two question.

First, In procedure installing opencv, there's no opencl sdk directory option.
I just check 'WITH_OPENCL' and etc.
But, Using OpenCL function is successful.
Why??????

Second, I tested OpenCV with OpenCL.
I referenced the website http://www.learnopencv.com/opencv-tra...
However, With OpenCL running time is 400ms and without OpenCL running time is 152ms.
I want to solve the weird problem.

Please help me
Thank you

Parents
  • Regarding your first question, can you give more information about what you mean?

You say you enable OpenCL when building OpenCV... and that it builds fine and runs... and that it indeed runs using OpenCL.

Can I ask what your question actually is here, if the above is true?

Or are you asking more generally about the OpenCL SDK itself? Please note that the SDK we provide is a collection of sample codes that you can run on an already OpenCL enabled platform. It is not a 'driver SDK' and is not needed to get the platform working with OpenCL.

Please let me know if that didn't answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Regarding your first question, can you give more information about what you mean?

You say you enable OpenCL when building OpenCV... and that it builds fine and runs... and that it indeed runs using OpenCL.

Can I ask what your question actually is here, if the above is true?

Or are you asking more generally about the OpenCL SDK itself? Please note that the SDK we provide is a collection of sample codes that you can run on an already OpenCL enabled platform. It is not a 'driver SDK' and is not needed to get the platform working with OpenCL.

Please let me know if that didn't answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children