This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No dump from streamline lwi script combo

Hello,

I am trying to profile a Unity game on Android. Have followed the Unity specific steps for dev and built the apk.

Then I try to run the lwi script with these params -

python3 lwi_me.py --lwi-mode=capture --lwi-fps-threshold=20 -v --daemon ../../../streamline/bin/arm64/gatord --lwi-out-dir= /mnt/data/Documents/armmobilestudio/frames

I see my debug app and then Select it.

I then go onto starting Streamline for capture. In the meanwhile I check with adb shell "ps -A | grep gator" and it shows the package location where gatord has started -

# ps -A | grep gator                                                                                                                                                                                    
u0_a34       11672  3102   23184   5784 SyS_epoll_wait 754df30660 S gatord

# ps -o COMMAND | grep gator

/data/data/com.company.name/gatord

When Streamline starts I choose midguard (config) as have a T860 on the SoC. It asks me that gatord is running on the system so what do you want to do... I click on advanced and choose the device visible on the screen.

Start Capture

No Data :(

In the meanwhile on the device I see another gatord running -

adb shell "ps -A | grep gator"
u0_a34       26172  3102   25232   5816 SyS_epoll_wait 7cb9572660 S gatord
u0_a34       26374 26172   25168   4348 0          7cb9573188 R gatord

Streamline is unable to capture any data, the app does not automatically start and no dump comes out. Following the procedure from here - https://youtu.be/9_mdAzAx39w

When I press enter on the lwi command window I get this -

Trying to pull LWI local capture from device if there is one
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lwi_me.py", line 160, in pull_capture
    adb_stdout = device.adb("shell", "run-as", package, "ls", "meerkat")
  File "/mnt/data/Documents/arm/Arm_Mobile_Studio_2021.2/performance_advisor/lwi/helpers/gator_me.py", line 244, in adb
    rep = sp.run(commands, check=True, shell=shell, stdout=sp.PIPE,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 516, in run
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['adb', '-s', 'ADBNAME', 'shell', 'run-as', 'com.company.name', 'ls', 'meerkat']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lwi_me.py", line 655, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "lwi_me.py", line 633, in main
    if not pull_capture(device, lwiOutDir, package):
  File "lwi_me.py", line 161, in pull_capture
    except CalledProcessError:
NameError: name 'CalledProcessError' is not defined

I am using this as a reference - developer.arm.com/.../Run-the-script-and-capture-a-Streamline-profile

PS - I can run Streamline standalone and capture data from the device but I wanted to run PA on the captured data

Parents Reply Children
No data