This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Streamline - Unity Symbols Call Paths

Hey there,

I just started testing ARM mobile studio and I can't quite figure out how to use it correctly with Unity. I managed to capture app data through a development build and streamline. However, if I want to take a look at the CPU call paths, I just see this:

I did generate symbole files with Unity, but how do I import them? It tells me to use the -g compiler option, but I'm not sure how I would use that in Unity?!

And is it possible to caputre GPU data for non-Mali GPUs?

Thanks for any help!

Parents
  • For Unity software profiling:

• In Unity "Build Settings" menu you will need to enable "Create symbols.zip". For a build this will add a ZIP in the root of your project directory containing the Symbolized libraries. Extract this ZIP somewhere on your local drive so Streamline can see the contents. 
    • Once you have captured your Streamline profile, you will need to reanalyze with the symbolized libraries (the ones in the APK are stripped). In the Streamline Data tab, right click on the game capture and select "Analyze" from the right-click menu. Click "Add Elf image ..." above the image table, and add the libraries extracted from the symbols ZIP file Unity built. Click analyze. 

Unity doesn't build with stack frames, so you'll get a flat function list which isn't always the easiest view to use. 

No, GPU support is for Mali only. 

Kind regards, 
    Pete

• For Unity software profiling:

• In Unity "Build Settings" menu you will need to enable "Create symbols.zip". For a build this will add a ZIP in the root of your project directory containing the Symbolized libraries. Extract this ZIP somewhere on your local drive so Streamline can see the contents. 
    • Once you have captured your Streamline profile, you will need to reanalyze with the symbolized libraries (the ones in the APK are stripped). In the Streamline Data tab, right click on the game capture and select "Analyze" from the right-click menu. Click "Add Elf image ..." above the image table, and add the libraries extracted from the symbols ZIP file Unity built. Click analyze. 

Unity doesn't build with stack frames, so you'll get a flat function list which isn't always the easiest view to use. 

No, GPU support is for Mali only. 

Kind regards, 
    Pete

Children