This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Performance Advisor errors

Hi.

I need help with generating the report using Performance Advisor.

I get the following error when generating the report for Mali-G77 MC7 Valhall.

Fetching data...
Preparing report type html...
Problems were found preparing html report:
ERROR: Cannot find Execution Engine cycles. Make sure your capture includes 'Mali Core EE Instructions - Executed' / Mali Core EE Instructions - Executed instructions'.

The problem is, there is not counter which PA is asking for. It was asking for more counters as well, which I added and those errors were gone, but this counter doesn't seem to exist for G77 (it is available for Bifrost though! )

I tried getting PA report on Mali-G71 MP2 Bifrost as well, but I got the following error:

Extracting zip file to a temporary directory.
Creating report database in capture directory...
Importing capture...
Fetching data...
Preparing report type html...
Processing data...
Index 2 out of bounds for length 2
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 2 out of bounds for length 2
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.capturedata.FrameProvider.populateFpsList(FrameProvider.java:430)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.capturedata.FrameProvider.doExecute(FrameProvider.java:41)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.capturedata.Provider.execute(Provider.java:82)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.capturedata.CaptureData.execute(CaptureData.java:134)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.PerformanceAdvisor.call(PerformanceAdvisor.java:268)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.Application.start(Application.java:94)
at com.arm.meerkat.application.Application.start(Application.java:1)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)

I would be grateful for any help with this. 

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi Chakshu,

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry you’ve been having problems getting started.

We’ve just released Arm Mobile Studio 2020.1 - it was published yesterday. This new release will definitely fix your first problem as it adds Performance Advisor support for the Mali Valhall GPUs; they were not supported in the version of Performance Advisor released in Mobile Studio 2020.0.

You can download the latest version from here:

I will raise the second issue that you reported with the engineering team, but it might be worth trying out the new release here also. We’ve fixed a number of stability issues, so there is a chance that it is fixed. If that doesn’t work are you able to share the Streamline .apc capture? This makes it faster for us to reproduce your problem and provide a solution.

Kind regards,
    Pete

• Hi Chakshu,

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry you’ve been having problems getting started.

We’ve just released Arm Mobile Studio 2020.1 - it was published yesterday. This new release will definitely fix your first problem as it adds Performance Advisor support for the Mali Valhall GPUs; they were not supported in the version of Performance Advisor released in Mobile Studio 2020.0.

You can download the latest version from here:

I will raise the second issue that you reported with the engineering team, but it might be worth trying out the new release here also. We’ve fixed a number of stability issues, so there is a chance that it is fixed. If that doesn’t work are you able to share the Streamline .apc capture? This makes it faster for us to reproduce your problem and provide a solution.

Kind regards,
    Pete

Children