This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali T720 VRAM increase when render with high FPS

Hello guys,

I have a simple render app on Android with MALI T720 gpu.

This app will render a 3D map with some mountain and rivers.

When I drag the map the render thread will run with a high FPS like 60 fps.

When there is no any operation, the render thread will only update one time in one second.

I find, when render with high FPS, the VRAM will increase to a high value too, like 60mb.

When I stop drag, the VRAM will down to 30mb almost.

I check the vertex and shader, there is no extra value or function.

My question is whether the T720 gpu have some feature could improve it?

Any help to hit will be greate.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hard to provide advice without a reproducer; there are many possible reasons for this.

* How are you measuring VRAM?

* Mali runs quite a deep pipeline (can multiple frames in flight) which can cause transient increases in memory due to buffering of geometry intermediates.

* If you're modifying a resource (texture or buffer) that is still referenced by an in-flight draw you might be getting copy-on-write / resource ghosting. 

HTH, 
    Pete

• Hard to provide advice without a reproducer; there are many possible reasons for this.

* How are you measuring VRAM?

* Mali runs quite a deep pipeline (can multiple frames in flight) which can cause transient increases in memory due to buffering of geometry intermediates.

* If you're modifying a resource (texture or buffer) that is still referenced by an in-flight draw you might be getting copy-on-write / resource ghosting. 

HTH, 
    Pete

Children