This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Streamline 2020.0 annotations in Unity

Hi guys,

I just had a go at using Streamline annotations in Unity but for some reason I'm not able to see anything. I'm not entirely sure if I should toggle something I haven't seen or if the version of Streamline I'm using (2020.0) isn't somehow compatible with the annotations generated by the Unity package I downloaded.

I've installed the package linked by this page, and inserted a couple of markers in LateUpdate and a CoRoutine (at the end of the frame):

void LateUpdate() 
 {
        Arm.Annotations.marker("BeginFrame");
        // something here
 }

In Streamline I've just added the counters for a G-71 (the GPU in the device I have) and captured a session as usual. I've tried toggling the "bookmark markers" in the Timeline. Furthermore, the Log tab seems to indicate that "no annotation data was generated during the capture session.."

Finally, I made sure that I had "Development Build" enabled in Unity. Could I be missing something?

Parents
  • By chance, when looking at logcat for something else I notice loads of "DllNotFoundException ..." messages. I had a look at the contents of the Annotations package and realized that it contained a pair of C files. The README mentions that they should be compiled automatically by Unity. This seems to be the case only if IL2CPP is used (which turns out not to be the default scripting backend). Switching that to IL2CPP solves the problem and I'm not getting the markers in Streamline.

• By chance, when looking at logcat for something else I notice loads of "DllNotFoundException ..." messages. I had a look at the contents of the Annotations package and realized that it contained a pair of C files. The README mentions that they should be compiled automatically by Unity. This seems to be the case only if IL2CPP is used (which turns out not to be the default scripting backend). Switching that to IL2CPP solves the problem and I'm not getting the markers in Streamline.

Children