This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Render passes in streamline.

Hi. I have a streamline Version 6.7.1, Build 20180716_103422. gator 6.71.

Can I somehow select render passes on streamline capture. I mean how to determine begin (if load attachment was happened) or end (if flushing memory from GPU to RAM was happened) of each render passes? Which counters should I have use?
Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi Aleksandr, 

Streamline isn't aware of any of the API behavior; it's purely based on sampling counters at a 1ms tick rate.

Tile loads at the start of a pass will show up as texture access, but can be killed by hidden surface removal if they are occluded by opaque overdraw. 

Tile writes at the end of the pass will show up as tile write bandwidth. 

If you let me know which GPU you are using, I can steer you towards which specific counters you can use for these.

Kind regards, 
    Pete

• Hi Aleksandr, 

Streamline isn't aware of any of the API behavior; it's purely based on sampling counters at a 1ms tick rate.

Tile loads at the start of a pass will show up as texture access, but can be killed by hidden surface removal if they are occluded by opaque overdraw. 

Tile writes at the end of the pass will show up as tile write bandwidth. 

If you let me know which GPU you are using, I can steer you towards which specific counters you can use for these.

Kind regards, 
    Pete

Children