This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Port Mali Linux Driver on Arndale 5250

Hi,

I have Arndale 5250 board which has a mali GPU.  I have downloaded ubuntu images (linaro) based on 3.10.37 kernel and written it to a SD card and it boots successfully.

Now my intention is to boot same board with mainline kernel along with mali driver.  I have downloaded mainline linux kernel from kernel.org and linux GPU driver.

I had taken config and board.dtb file from ubuntu binary and converted into dts file and used the same for building linux kernel. With the image built I was able to boot Arndale 5250 board succussfully.  Next I integrated mali driver as a part of kernel and rebuilt the kernel.  While booting new image on board, mali gpu doesn't get probed/initialized.  It shows following error message

.mali: Platform data not specified

mali: probe of 11800000.mali failed with error -2

Similar error was reported for which suggested solution states the "Platform data not specified" error should now be fixed with the "CONFIG_MALI_PLATFORM_THIRDPARTY_NAME=arndale_octa" option, which includes the "drivers/gpu/arm/midgard/platform/arndale_octa" directory.

But my driver downloaded from malideveloper.arm.com doesn't contain platform data for arndale. 

Please let me know

1. How to write platform data for Arndale 5250 board
  2. Where can I get ubuntu source code which has mali driver integrated with linux kernel for Arndale 5250

Regards,

Madhu