This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali hardware acceleration on ubuntu on Chromebook

Looking at this post

Graphics and Compute Development on Samsung Chromebook « Mali Developer Center Mali Developer Center

I have see that is possible to have Mali GPU hardware acceleration on Samsung ARM Chromebook with Ubuntu.

On the post you guide all the process to prepare an sd card to install ubuntu with mail support on chromebook, could you provide even the imagefile of the generated sd card?

Thanks

Parents
  • Yep, my story reads just like: ODROID Forum • View topic - [SOLVED] armsoc_dri.so is missing

The main issue that prevented me from getting anywhere was that the libs in /root/mali don't seem to be copied anywhere in the system library path.  I actually had to put them in the search path myself.

I am running glmark2-es2 now and graphics look right with good speed.  I copied my /root/mali/x11/* to /usr/local/lib, got rid of the libs mesa installed into /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl, ran ldconfig, noted looking at ldd that some of the programs I was trying to run were looking for libEGL.so.1 (not libEGL.so), and libGLESv2.so.2 (not libGLESv2.so), made the needed symlinks, ldconfig again, and now the correct drivers are now loaded.

es2_info: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9076750/

I get a glmark2 score of 67

Thanks for the help!  I will report back later if I was able to get a compositing window manager to work or not, my battery just ran out in the middle of testing.

• Yep, my story reads just like: ODROID Forum • View topic - [SOLVED] armsoc_dri.so is missing

The main issue that prevented me from getting anywhere was that the libs in /root/mali don't seem to be copied anywhere in the system library path.  I actually had to put them in the search path myself.

I am running glmark2-es2 now and graphics look right with good speed.  I copied my /root/mali/x11/* to /usr/local/lib, got rid of the libs mesa installed into /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl, ran ldconfig, noted looking at ldd that some of the programs I was trying to run were looking for libEGL.so.1 (not libEGL.so), and libGLESv2.so.2 (not libGLESv2.so), made the needed symlinks, ldconfig again, and now the correct drivers are now loaded.

es2_info: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9076750/

I get a glmark2 score of 67

Thanks for the help!  I will report back later if I was able to get a compositing window manager to work or not, my battery just ran out in the middle of testing.

Children