This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help fix : Graphics and Compute Development on Samsung Chromebook

I was looking for a way to install Linux with Mali GPU support on my Samsung chromebook, so I was excited to find the guide at : http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-for-mali/features/graphics-and-compute-development-on-samsung-chromebook/

However, I've followed the above guide (twice) and I'm es2_info reports the Software Rasterizer.  I expected it to report a MALI rasterizer. Is this guide correct or did I do something wrong (twice)? 

Can you help me figure out what is going wrong?

es2_info

es2_info reports (full log here: Ubuntu Pastebin)

libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for armsoc

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open armsoc (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri)

I then tried copying armsoc_drv.so to that directory, but still got the same error

X Log info:

X reports and opens Mali-T6XX but AIGLX does report the following  (full log here: Ubuntu Pastebin)

AIGLX: reverting to software rendering 

I don't know if this revert applies to everything in OpenGL or just the GLX part

I think the guide would be helpful if it added a section on installing and running a test program (such as es2_info) to ensure the install was successful.  Also a test program that used the fbdev would also be helpful to me.

Message was edited by: Sean

Parents
  • Hi spanyo,

Did you by any chance install the MESA libraries on the target after installation? These conflict with the ARM GLES libraries and will override them. Like chrs says, what is the output of "ldd es2_info"? This will tell us more.

Also a test program that used the fbdev would also be helpful to me.

For this purpose you could download the Mali GLES SDK from the Mali Developer Center, and build the examples on the target.

Thanks,

Chris

• Hi spanyo,

Did you by any chance install the MESA libraries on the target after installation? These conflict with the ARM GLES libraries and will override them. Like chrs says, what is the output of "ldd es2_info"? This will tell us more.

Also a test program that used the fbdev would also be helpful to me.

For this purpose you could download the Mali GLES SDK from the Mali Developer Center, and build the examples on the target.

Thanks,

Chris

Children