This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What games are ment to be played on the ARM Mali-450 MP Video chips for android Smartphones?

I want to know all of the games available on all android devices that are available and meant to be played on the ARM Mali 450 MP video chip.

If there are any games that are not meant to be played on this chip, please do tell me or if there are any high definition and high graphics demanding games that will NOT work properly or will work but won't work that successfully on my android device: iNew i6000+ (octa core cpu) phone, please let me know.

JUST LIST THEM LIKE THIS:

- skyrim

-playstation mobile,

- burnout

-temple run 1 and 2

- monsters inc

- portal 1 and 2 etc.....

If my video chip rules and is the best one for playing all games then say its decent and don't say its bad or anything bad about it. Just comment on it and don't flame my post please.

Be specific and be carful to tell me why this game is best for this arm video chip: mali 450 MP.

• Hi,

Your question is very broad when you speak about all android devices; there are many factors which dictate whether an android game will run on a device at all even before settings such as high/low quality are taken into account. As an example form factor, e.g. tablet, phone or STB etc. as well as other factors such as resolution can all vary though all using a Quad Core Mali-450 GPU.

On your phone specifically I am not aware of any games which have been reported as not working correctly on the iNew i6000+ or the MediaTek MT6592 chipset in other devices. If you come across any games you feel are not performing correctly please do let us know and we can look into this further. I think it's important to note though it is up to the developers to optimise their code and they also have the option to dictate whether their application will be listed as incompatible with specific devices in Android stores. Having said that if optimised code is used high-end graphics can definitely be achieved on a Quad Core Mali-450 GPU.

The Mali-450 GPU is one of the latest Mali GPUs available in the Market and therefore should serve you well within the MediaTek MT6592 chipset. It will run any OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0 content but not OpenGL ES 3.0 however I believe there are no OpenGL ES 3.0 games/apps currently available on the Android stores.

HTH

• Hi raghavsood,

To the best of my knowledge games such as Skyrim, Portal 1 and 2 etc do not run on Android OpenGLES platforms such as yours, regardless of the GPU inside. They are desktop titles that typically target DirectX9/11, which Android does not support. If it comes from Steam and not the Google Play store, its a good rule of thumb that it will not run on Android.

As Ryan says we're not aware of any specific issues with games running on the Mali 400/450 GPUs, but if you run into any please let us and the developer know. Occasionally I have seen games fall over because they attempt to use PVRTC compresesd textures on Mali, due to developer error, but that's about it.

Hope this helps,

Chris

• Hi, I've branched your question regarding OpenGL ES 3.0 content into another thread, that way we can keep it to one question per topic. I'll assume this question regarding games currently available that will work on your phone answered.