This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ipc.h library for arm-non-eabi tool chain

Hi,

can anyone help, I am using the ipc.h library in my code but unfortunately when I try to compile I am getting the error below. I need to install or add the ipc.h file in my toolchain.

fatal error: sys/ipc.h: No such file or directory
#include <sys/ipc.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Anticipant of receiving your help.

Parents
  • The "sys/ipc.h" files are POSIX implementations of interprocess communication, and as such reliant on the underlying operating system providing a POSIX interface.

The "arm-none-eabi" tool chain is designed for bare metal systems - i.e. there is no operating system to provide the POSIX functionality - so all you get access to by default are the standard C library headers. If you are using an RTOS which exposes POSIX functionality then you need to make sure the RTOS header files are on your include path, but this is outside of the compiler.

HTH,
    Pete

• The "sys/ipc.h" files are POSIX implementations of interprocess communication, and as such reliant on the underlying operating system providing a POSIX interface.

The "arm-none-eabi" tool chain is designed for bare metal systems - i.e. there is no operating system to provide the POSIX functionality - so all you get access to by default are the standard C library headers. If you are using an RTOS which exposes POSIX functionality then you need to make sure the RTOS header files are on your include path, but this is outside of the compiler.

HTH,
    Pete

Children