This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Run problem on the Corstone SSE-300 (MPS3) simulator

Hi,

Could someone tell me, please, what could be the issue if everything works on the -O3 optimization, but on the -O0 it stops working at the entrance to the "main()" function (freeze)?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Yevgeny, suffice to say that this should not happen in any case, but is even more unlikely that it works with full optimization, but not with minimal optimization.

Without seeing the code, it is hard to say. Does the -O0 code reach main at all?

Are you connected to a debugger? That should be able to stop execution and help you determine where you are - perhaps a hard-fault has occurred. Commonly this happens if the FP/Helium hardware is not enabled in the init code, though I do not know why you would not have that in the -O0 if it is present in the -O3 build.

Perhaps you can share your code? It is best to do this via an official support case, which you can create via the Support menu at the top of the page.

• Yevgeny, suffice to say that this should not happen in any case, but is even more unlikely that it works with full optimization, but not with minimal optimization.

Without seeing the code, it is hard to say. Does the -O0 code reach main at all?

Are you connected to a debugger? That should be able to stop execution and help you determine where you are - perhaps a hard-fault has occurred. Commonly this happens if the FP/Helium hardware is not enabled in the init code, though I do not know why you would not have that in the -O0 if it is present in the -O3 build.

Perhaps you can share your code? It is best to do this via an official support case, which you can create via the Support menu at the top of the page.

Children