This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APB - Purpose of PADDR?

Hello,

Please excuse me if this question is trivial as I am quite new to bus architecture.

What is the purpose of PADDR?

I understand that it is the APB address bus but could someone please give an example of what it would be used for? Would it only be for situations where you are reading or writing out of an addressable memory? What if you are using the APB to send data to something that is not addressable? Would you disregard PADDR completely? Am I thinking of this incorrectly?

Thanks!

Parents
  • The expectation would be that APB peripherals contain multiple registers, so PADDR indicates which register is being accessed.

If your peripheral design only has one accessible location, PSEL alone will tell you that your peripheral is being addressed.

• The expectation would be that APB peripherals contain multiple registers, so PADDR indicates which register is being accessed.

If your peripheral design only has one accessible location, PSEL alone will tell you that your peripheral is being addressed.

Children
No data