This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to calculate AXI interleave depth and reorder depth.

Hi forks,

AXI interleaveing and reordering are not the same thing. But I am confused by AXI interleave depth and reorder depth calculation.

Can anyone give an example on how the  interleave depth and reorder depth  are incremented. Thanks!

• Hi Hungtaowu ,

Did u get answer for this , Iam also facing this this 

Like i wanted to design a DDR IP with AXI4 Slave interface , their controller takes care of this reorder for that i should know how many outstanding transactions can be sent , because it cant keep on accepting the requests as in

• Hi Hungtaowvu ,

Did u get answer for this , Iam also facing this this 

Like i wanted to design a DDR IP with AXI4 Slave interface , their controller takes care of this reorder for that i should know how many outstanding transactions can be sent , because it cant keep on accepting the reqests as in

• Thank you for posting something like this.

• Reordering depth affects how many different IDs the slave can respond to the master with different order. Normally, with same IDs, the slave needs to respond to the transactions in-order. However, if the re-ordering depth is 2, the slave can receive transactions up to 2 different IDs and can respond to any one out of order. Reordering is normally for read data and write response channel.

Interleaving depth is something different and normally describes the write data channel. If the slave has interleaving depth of 2, then the slave can receive up to 2 different IDs of write data transactions out of order.

With reorder depth / interleaving depth of 1, everything has to be in-order regardless of IDs. AXI4Lite does not support IDs and thus every transactions has to be in-order.