This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to assert PSLVERR in APB4 ?

Hi All,

I have a question about  APB4  slave

i think  PSLVERR will  be asserted when address is incorrect.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

PhanTam

Parents
  • PSLVERR can be asserted by the selected peripheral for any reason you want.

That could be the PADDR value addressing a non-existent address as you suggest, or it could be a write access to a read-only register, or a non-secure access to a secure register (or any other protection violation), or it could be more peripheral function specific reasons you might need to signal an error (maybe trying to configure a peripheral into an unsupported mode).

Basically there is no defined reason when you CAN signal an error, it is there for you as the peripheral designer to use as required.

• PSLVERR can be asserted by the selected peripheral for any reason you want.

That could be the PADDR value addressing a non-existent address as you suggest, or it could be a write access to a read-only register, or a non-secure access to a secure register (or any other protection violation), or it could be more peripheral function specific reasons you might need to signal an error (maybe trying to configure a peripheral into an unsupported mode).

Basically there is no defined reason when you CAN signal an error, it is there for you as the peripheral designer to use as required.

Children