This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Non-secure EXC_RETURN value to Secure HardFault Handler

Hi,

I have scenario where SCS.AIRCR.BFHFNMINS is the default value of 0, which if I understand correctly means that whenever there is hard-fault, it would be trapped by secure hard-fault handler.

On the non-secure side, I have some test code running in non-secure unprivileged thread mode with PSP_NS and non-secure privileged thread mode with MSP_NS.

When I deliberately generate a hard-fault in both these modes that is,

1. Non-secure (NS) unprivileged thread (UT) mode with PSP_NS and

2. Non-secure (NS) privileged thread (PT) mode with MSP_NS

I land in secure hard-fault handler as expected.

However, in both the cases, I get the same LR/EXC_RETURN value of 0xFFFFFFB9.

How can I distinguish where the hard-fault happened? Is there a way to determine if the hard-fault occurred in NS UT with PSP_NS or in NS PT with MSP_NS?

Without this information, is there a way to find out the stacked PC of the instruction generating the hard-fault.

Best,

Rajiv

Parents
  • Hi Rajiv,

The CONTROL_NS.SPSEL provides the information you needed (Assumed you already checked EXC_RETURN and confirmed that it was in Non-secure thread mode when the fault happened).

regards,

Joseph

• Hi Rajiv,

The CONTROL_NS.SPSEL provides the information you needed (Assumed you already checked EXC_RETURN and confirmed that it was in Non-secure thread mode when the fault happened).

regards,

Joseph

Children