This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex-R5 r1p2: Data/Instruction Cache - Configuration during startup, run-time? Specific considerations using RTOS, DMA?

Hello,

On an exising project based on Cortex-R5, with a limited ATCM/BTCM resources, we need to start using Data/Instruction Cache with DDR (DRAM), to improve performance.

There is a lot scattered info in ARM documentation about caches - can you point me to some Refrence Code for:

1. Data/instruction Cache configuration during startup?

2. Data/instruction Cache configuration during run-time?

WRT Specific considerations using Data/Instruction Cache- can you point me to some documentation & Reference Code for:

3. Guidelines  & Reference Code for CODE that one should keep in ATCM (typically holds interrupt or exception code that must be accessed at high speed,
without any potential delay resulting from a cache miss), while using Data/Instruction Cache, and interactions with code/data in Instruction/Data Cache?

4. Guidelines  & Reference Code for DATA that one should keep in BTCM (typically holds any block of data for intensive processing, such as audio or video
processing), while using Data/Instruction Cache, and interactions with data/code in Data/Instruction Cache?

5. Guidelines & Reference Code for CODE/DATA in Data/Instruction Cache, when RTOS is involved?

6. Guidelines & Reference Code for CODE/DATA in Data/Instruction Cache, when DMA is involved?

Thank-you

Parents
  • Hi,

A quick answer to 1) and 2) would be to download Arm Developer Studio (an evaluation licence will work for this) and included in the install is example start up code for R5 that enables the cache. 

I'm not aware of any reference code that covers the other questions, but someone else might be more knowledgeable.

Pete.

• Hi,

A quick answer to 1) and 2) would be to download Arm Developer Studio (an evaluation licence will work for this) and included in the install is example start up code for R5 that enables the cache. 

I'm not aware of any reference code that covers the other questions, but someone else might be more knowledgeable.

Pete.

Children