This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is Advanced-SIMD supported in Cortex-R5F?

Hi,

I have a Cortex-R5F core in which integration register value CPACR.ASEDIS = 1 and CPACR.D32DIS = 1m which says Advanced SIMD is not available. However, in ARM Cortex-R5F Technical Reference Manual revision r1p2, §2.1.2 "ARM architecture", it says:

The Cortex-R5 processor implements the ARMv7-R architecture profile that includes the
following architecture extensions:
• Advanced Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) architecture extension for integer and
floating-point vector operations

Who is right? Is Advanced SIMD supported or not?

Also, I am a bit confused between "Advanced SIMD" and "SIMD". Register ID_ISAR3.SIMD_instructions = 0x3, which means a bunch of SIMD instructions are enabled:

PKHBT, PKHTB, QADD16, QADD8, QASX, QSUB16, QSUB8, QSAX, SADD16, SADD8, SASX, SEL, SHADD16, SHADD8, SHASX,
SHSUB16, SHSUB8, SHSAX, SSAT, SSAT16, SSUB16, SSUB8, SSAX, SXTAB16, SXTB16, UADD16, UADD8, UASX, UHADD16,
UHADD8, UASX, UHSUB16, UHSUB8, USAX, UQADD16, UQADD8, UQASX, UQSUB16, UQSUB8, UQSAX, USAD8, USADA8, USAT,
USAT16, USUB16, USUB8, USAX, UXTAB16, UXTB16, and the GE[3:0] bits in the PSRs.

I understand that these are like normal SIMD instructions, but that it excludes "Advanced SIMD" instructions. Am I right?

Thanks.