This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cortex M33 multicore debug resources

As I reading the debugging in the Armv8-M manual, I found that there is little description of the multicore system. The debug resources have a specific address range. It is acceptable in a single-core system. However, what if a multicore or multiprocessor development board such as lpc55s69? Do both core share the same debug resource? Or it is platform depending?

I am new to M-series. It may be a dumb question, but I still need to figure it out. If I have missed something in manual or have mistakes in my words, please let me know. I will more than appreciated.

Greetings!

Parents
  • Hey! 

In the ARMv8-M trm you are only going to find things related to the Cortex M33 core (SAU if TZ is implemented, NVIC, Debug config, etcs).

If you want to know how to configure the second core, search in the board TRM. In case the board implements some kind SoC IP, go and search in that TRM also.

I think this image will help a little bit.

Cheers

• Hey! 

In the ARMv8-M trm you are only going to find things related to the Cortex M33 core (SAU if TZ is implemented, NVIC, Debug config, etcs).

If you want to know how to configure the second core, search in the board TRM. In case the board implements some kind SoC IP, go and search in that TRM also.

I think this image will help a little bit.

Cheers

Children