This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex-M3 Registers

Hello guys.

I am studying the Cortex-M3 technical reference manual.

I have some doubts:
- What is the function of each of the 13 general purpose 32-bit registers, R0 to R12?
- What does Link Register (LR) do?
- What is the function of the xPSR register?
- What does the DebugReturnAdress() register do?
- What is the function of CONTROL, FAULTMASK, BASEPRI, PRIMASK of register 5b10100?

Thank you in advance!

Parents
  • Thank you very much for the support, clarified many of my doubts.

In the memento I loaded a binary (firmware) in RAM via SWD and I would like to run it, however, I don't know how to do it. My question is not related to the SWD protocol and how to access the Cortex-M3 registers. My question is related to what steps should I follow to execute this binary that is in RAM.

Is there any step-by-step manipulation of the Cortex-M3 registers to execute this firmware present in RAM?

Thank you very much and I look forward to your reply.

• Thank you very much for the support, clarified many of my doubts.

In the memento I loaded a binary (firmware) in RAM via SWD and I would like to run it, however, I don't know how to do it. My question is not related to the SWD protocol and how to access the Cortex-M3 registers. My question is related to what steps should I follow to execute this binary that is in RAM.

Is there any step-by-step manipulation of the Cortex-M3 registers to execute this firmware present in RAM?

Thank you very much and I look forward to your reply.

Children