This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rookie needs help

Hello,

This is my first time using a board at lower level, so bear with me please. I apologies in advance!

I bought the following board(STM32F103)- https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/Open103R. I am using the following tutorial to get started- www2.keil.com/.../mdk5-getting-started.pdf. I am trying to copy the blinky project.

It seems like I am doing things wrong.

1.  To begin with, the tutorial asks to select SCU under Devices in the Manage Run Time Environment. I don't see it. I tried to look for SCU through Select Software Packages, but that does not seem to work as well(I don't see it there either). So I cannot compile my project. What do I do?

2. Will I need a debugger to burn code to my board? Can I not do it through the USB?

3. Is there a tutorial I could follow for this board? I can try to understand things after I get something working I guess.

4. Did I buy the wrong board? I needed a board to try simple things and get to know an ARM controller. Basic application building and peripheral interfacing kind of things.

I would appreciate any help! Again, sorry for the basic questions!

Thanks