This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Design Start ARM Cortex-M0

Hi,

I trying to build the peripheral around Cortex-M0 IP core thorugh AHB-lite system. Right now I have to integrate Cortex-M0 with the DDR2 SRAM (1Gb) through AHB lite.

I searched on  internet which shows interfacing only through core generator (MIG). Is there a way I can use  Xilinx core generator to interface through AHB lite system.

I am using  Atlys Xilinx Spartan 6.

I also have some  example SoC design which interface 128Mb SRAM  to Cortex-M0 though AHB lite for Nexsys 3 board . But the Board I am using  has DDR2 RAM.

Thanks

Parents
  • First of all, why do you want to use the DDR2 memory instead of SRAM inside the FPGA?

You can implement SRAM inside the FPGA for program and data easily.

(See  http://community.arm.com/docs/DOC-8378)

Also, DDR2 access has latency cycles which means you get lower system performance.

If you definitively need DDR2 then there are plenty of commerical DDR2 memory controllers available.

Just google "DDR2 AHB verilog" returns quite a few products.

If you want free designs I am not aware of anything suiteable. There are some DDR2 memory controller Verilog projects on the web but not AHB based.

(But I didn't try very hard to look for it).

regards,

Joseph

• First of all, why do you want to use the DDR2 memory instead of SRAM inside the FPGA?

You can implement SRAM inside the FPGA for program and data easily.

(See  http://community.arm.com/docs/DOC-8378)

Also, DDR2 access has latency cycles which means you get lower system performance.

If you definitively need DDR2 then there are plenty of commerical DDR2 memory controllers available.

Just google "DDR2 AHB verilog" returns quite a few products.

If you want free designs I am not aware of anything suiteable. There are some DDR2 memory controller Verilog projects on the web but not AHB based.

(But I didn't try very hard to look for it).

regards,

Joseph

Children