This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cortex M7 DSP moving average UMAAL

Hello,

I am looking to do a moving average function using DSP instructions of ARM Cortex M7. Unfortunately I couldn't find a direct example. My goal is to have variables for

- the sum

- the new value

- the oldest value

Then the algorithm is sum = sum + new value - oldest value and average = sum / ( number of values between oldest and new), ie two instructions

I think instruction UMAAL could be good for this, I found it in instruction set summary, but it is not in CMSIS library. Why is that? Where can I find details about it and how can I create my own C asm caller?

Thanks for any help and hints or other ideas on this topic, I hope it also helps other developers.

Kind regards

Martin

Parents
  • It seems that you are looking for a compiler intrinsic for the umaal instruction. The manual of the compiler should contain the list of intrinsics it supports.

If it is not supported, then one must rely on the assembler/inline-assembly and write it by hand.

• It seems that you are looking for a compiler intrinsic for the umaal instruction. The manual of the compiler should contain the list of intrinsics it supports.

If it is not supported, then one must rely on the assembler/inline-assembly and write it by hand.

Children