This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to do the ARM state change between 64-bit and 32-bit?

Hi,

The latest 64-bit architecture can on both AArch64 and AArch32 state.

Can someone tell me how to utilize this feature so that I can seamlessly integrate algorithms (which are optimized with 32-bit and 64-bit instructions) with applications which are build for 32-bit and 64-bit modes.

Here is the specifics of situation which I am facing right now.

I want to link an ARM shared library which is optimized with 64-bit instructions with my application which is built in 32 bit mode.

At the time of linking I am getting the following error.  "skipping incompatible xxxx.so file".

My build environment is android and unfortunately I don't have the option to build my application in 64-bit mode.

Appreciate your help with inputs.

Thanks, Prasad

Parents
  • Hi,

although I am not familiar with ARMv8-A, I think PMR_ELn register would be used in order to change the execution mode between AArch32 and AArch64.

Because this change needs the warm reset, I am afraid that your intention might be impossible.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

• Hi,

although I am not familiar with ARMv8-A, I think PMR_ELn register would be used in order to change the execution mode between AArch32 and AArch64.

Because this change needs the warm reset, I am afraid that your intention might be impossible.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

Children