This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How many Redistributors needed if I using GIC600 with Cortex-A65AE which is SMT core?

Hi, all

How many Redistributors needed if I using GIC600AE with Cortex-A65AE which is SMT(simultaneous multithreading) core?

I found PE(Processing Element) means a instance of thread-execution unit so PE is double of Core numbers from the Cortex-A65AE because it is dual-threaded core.

And GIC600AE said Redistributor of GIC600AE has to be placed with same numbers per PE.

For example, If I have two of Cortex-A65AE with Split-mode capable system, then I need four Redistributors (double of core numbers) and each Redistributors should be connected with each PEs in Cortex-A65AE, right?

• It's said in the GIC600 trm, "The Redistributor maintains the Private Peripheral Interrupts (PPIs) and Software Generated
    Interrupts (SGIs) for a particular set of cores". A single redistributor can serve a cluster.

• For example, If I have two of Cortex-A65AE with Split-mode capable system, then I need four Redistributors (double of core numbers) and each Redistributors should be connected with each PEs in Cortex-A65AE, right?

That's correct.  

The distinction between a single threaded core and a thread of multi-threaded core is really micro-architecture/implementation detail.  Architecturally, what the GIC cares about is things that can be targets for interrupts.  That's PE, each identified by a different affinity value.