This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Basic tests on Cortex-A9, Cortex-A5x

hello everyone

our company in their products is using Cortex-A9, Cortex-A5x processors inside.

i want to know same basic tests that i have to check to validate ARM Processors:

• Hi.

Thank you for your question. It can be answered on many levels and I'm not sure exactly which level you are getting at!

If your company is designing these devices based on ARM IP, then you will find that your contract specifies the test which you are required to carry out.

If you h ave bought the devices from a chip manufacturer. and would like to validate that the core works correctly according to the manual, then you can rest easy. As mentioned above, any company which licenses ARM IP and builds a device round it is contractually obliged to pass a truly enormous and comprehensive set of validation tests which prove that the core is functioning correctly, according to the behaviour specified in the Architecture Reference Manual. So there really is no need for individual users to test any of the architectural core functions.

If you are talking about making sure that an individual chip actually works, then connecting the debugger to it actually tests out a significantly large portion of the core and associated circuitry. It tests that, for instance, the clock, debug and reset circuits are working, the bus interface is working. Carrying out any debug operations, such as downloading code, executing instructions etc proves that the core is also working.

There is very little else I could imagine you would want to test...

Hope this helps.

Chris