This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bare Metal Code Development for iMX8M Mini

Hi, 

We are using iMX8M Mini (Part Number: MIMX8MM3CVTKZAA) which is built around Dual A53 Core (2xA53) and a M4 core. Our product will go to Avionics. Since aviation requires lot of certifications, we cannot use Linux (Yocto or similar) in our processor. We need to write Bare-Metal code for both the core from scratch.

I have couple of questions, 

1. I hope it is possible to develop Bare-metal code for A53 core. Will there be any restrictions?
  2. Are there any free tools available from ARM for bare-metal code development? I heard about DS Studio, but it is a subscription based. 

I talked about this with NXP, but they didn't give any concrete answer. Hence, posting here.

Let me know if you need any more information. 

Thanks & Regards, 

Aravind D. Chakravarti, 

Lead Engineer, 

www.accord-global.com

Parents
  • www.accord-global.com

So this: 

"Accord Global Technology Solutions Private Limited (AGTSPL) is part of the Accord Group of companies with primary focus on Aerospace, Embedded, Automotive and Enterprise products and engineering services.

"Accord Group was established in 1991 by five technologists who have worked in the field of Avionics and real time embedded systems over several decades."

www.accord-global.com/aboutus.html

So, surely, you must have the resources and experience in-house to answer these questions?

• www.accord-global.com

So this: 

"Accord Global Technology Solutions Private Limited (AGTSPL) is part of the Accord Group of companies with primary focus on Aerospace, Embedded, Automotive and Enterprise products and engineering services.

"Accord Group was established in 1991 by five technologists who have worked in the field of Avionics and real time embedded systems over several decades."

www.accord-global.com/aboutus.html

So, surely, you must have the resources and experience in-house to answer these questions?

Children