This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Early Burst Termination with IDLE transfer in Multi-Layer AHB Lite

Hi,

We are designing an Asynch slave operating over Multi Layer AHB Lite 3.0.

I have come across some case which I am not sure how it should be handled.

I am getting a predefined burst INCR16 , and the following occurs : 

Cycle     :          1          |       2      |       3      |        4     |       5      |  ...

HBURST:   INCR16      | INCR16 | NA         | INCR16 | INCR16  |  ...

HSELS  :          1          |       1       |       0     |        1     |        1      | ...

HTRANS:    NONSEQ |     SEQ    |    IDLE  |     SEQ  |      SEQ   | ...

Actually, I get early burst termination using IDLE transfer in cycle #3, however, I am not sure whether this is a legal state to return to sequential transfer with predefined burst after that, or should the master re-start with nonseq transfer of undefined length ? 

What is the expected behavior a slave would see in case in early termination with IDLE Transfer ? 

Thanks,

Guy

Parents
  • Is the multi-layer interconnect from ARM (if yes, which one) ?

- if it is an ARM interconnect, you'd be better opening a support case if you have a support contract for that IP, and I'd supply waveforms for all the signals on at least the input and output ports involved in this transfer, so that correct protocol stimulus can be checked.

The IDLE suggests the burst has been terminated (which isn't illegal), but you should not have IDLE changing to SEQ. What were the HREADY and HRESP values during cycle 3 ?

• Is the multi-layer interconnect from ARM (if yes, which one) ?

- if it is an ARM interconnect, you'd be better opening a support case if you have a support contract for that IP, and I'd supply waveforms for all the signals on at least the input and output ports involved in this transfer, so that correct protocol stimulus can be checked.

The IDLE suggests the burst has been terminated (which isn't illegal), but you should not have IDLE changing to SEQ. What were the HREADY and HRESP values during cycle 3 ?

Children