This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to configure a 10 inch TFT LCD in ARM Cortex-M3?

good evening to every one..i am new to this website..i want to know how to use 10 inch TFT display and LVDS colour formet??? can anyone help me..? thanks advance

Parents
  • Hi viju28.

"Guessing" the Front Porch, Back Porch and Sync Pulse timings are often difficult, but I'm positive you'll get through it. First time is always the hardest one.

I just got back from vacation, so my reply is a bit late. I'll try replying the best I can, so that if you're still stuck, you may find the answer.

Normally, you will need the 4 timing values for both the Horizontal and the Vertical directions.

The Horizontal/Vertical Active Video is the "visible" resolution; the one you normally mention, when you speak about visible pixels; for example 1024 x 600 in this case.

The Horizontal/Vertical Sync Pulse time is required for the screen to find out when to synchronize the pixels and lines.

The time between the Sync Pulse and the Active Video is also needed, so that the picture can be adjusted left/right/up/down. You can see it as a "black border area".

Picture 334.png

On the image shown, the yellow area is the Vertical Sync Pulse.

The white area is the Horizontal Sync Pulse; this overlaps a part of the Vertical Sync Pulse, which means both pulses happen in that area.

The black (grey) areas represents the Back Porch, the blue areas represents the Front Porch.

The ducklings are in the Active Video area.

(The illustration is not 100% correct, but it should give you a fair idea about the placements of the timings)

So first you'll have the Vertical Sync Pulse, then the Vertical Back Porch, the Vertical Active Video and finally the Vertical Front Porch.

For each pixel-line you'll have the Horizontal Sync Pulse, then the Horizontal Back Porch, the Horizontal Active Video and finally the Horizontal Front Porch.

The Front Porch is usually smaller than the Back Porch.

In your case, you know the total number of pixels per line and the total number of lines per frame:

Typical values are 1344 and 625.

You also know the number of active pixels/lines: 1024 and 600. Subtract these from the total...

1344 pixels - 1024 pixels = 320 pixels

625 lines - 600 lines = 25 lines

Usually Vertical Sync Pulse is 2 or 3 lines. So assuming it's one of those, we'll get 23 lines left for front and back porch.

The front porch is usually smaller than the sync pulse, so we'll assume vertical front porch is 1 line, leaving 22 lines for the vertical back porch.

For the horizontal values.... These should usually be divisible by 8.

Often (but not always), the Horizontal Back Porch is half of the pixels left over from the above subtraction; eg. (1344 - 1024) / 2.

So assuming the front porch is 160 pixels, we'll try giving the back porch 24 pixels and the sync pulse 136 pixels.

So we'll have something like...

VSP: 2 lines

VBP: 22 lines

VAV: 600 lines

VFP: 1 line

HSP: 136 pixels

HBP: 160 pixels

HAV: 1024 pixels

HFP: 24 pixels

Sometimes the horizontal values must be divisible by 16, so you may need to make HFP either 16 pixels and HSP 144 pixels OR HFP 32 pixels and HSP 128 pixels.

I believe you should try and make the pixel clock as low as possible (44 MHz); since that is easier for the LPC's LCD controller to handle.

• Hi viju28.

"Guessing" the Front Porch, Back Porch and Sync Pulse timings are often difficult, but I'm positive you'll get through it. First time is always the hardest one.

I just got back from vacation, so my reply is a bit late. I'll try replying the best I can, so that if you're still stuck, you may find the answer.

Normally, you will need the 4 timing values for both the Horizontal and the Vertical directions.

The Horizontal/Vertical Active Video is the "visible" resolution; the one you normally mention, when you speak about visible pixels; for example 1024 x 600 in this case.

The Horizontal/Vertical Sync Pulse time is required for the screen to find out when to synchronize the pixels and lines.

The time between the Sync Pulse and the Active Video is also needed, so that the picture can be adjusted left/right/up/down. You can see it as a "black border area".

Picture 334.png

On the image shown, the yellow area is the Vertical Sync Pulse.

The white area is the Horizontal Sync Pulse; this overlaps a part of the Vertical Sync Pulse, which means both pulses happen in that area.

The black (grey) areas represents the Back Porch, the blue areas represents the Front Porch.

The ducklings are in the Active Video area.

(The illustration is not 100% correct, but it should give you a fair idea about the placements of the timings)

So first you'll have the Vertical Sync Pulse, then the Vertical Back Porch, the Vertical Active Video and finally the Vertical Front Porch.

For each pixel-line you'll have the Horizontal Sync Pulse, then the Horizontal Back Porch, the Horizontal Active Video and finally the Horizontal Front Porch.

The Front Porch is usually smaller than the Back Porch.

In your case, you know the total number of pixels per line and the total number of lines per frame:

Typical values are 1344 and 625.

You also know the number of active pixels/lines: 1024 and 600. Subtract these from the total...

1344 pixels - 1024 pixels = 320 pixels

625 lines - 600 lines = 25 lines

Usually Vertical Sync Pulse is 2 or 3 lines. So assuming it's one of those, we'll get 23 lines left for front and back porch.

The front porch is usually smaller than the sync pulse, so we'll assume vertical front porch is 1 line, leaving 22 lines for the vertical back porch.

For the horizontal values.... These should usually be divisible by 8.

Often (but not always), the Horizontal Back Porch is half of the pixels left over from the above subtraction; eg. (1344 - 1024) / 2.

So assuming the front porch is 160 pixels, we'll try giving the back porch 24 pixels and the sync pulse 136 pixels.

So we'll have something like...

VSP: 2 lines

VBP: 22 lines

VAV: 600 lines

VFP: 1 line

HSP: 136 pixels

HBP: 160 pixels

HAV: 1024 pixels

HFP: 24 pixels

Sometimes the horizontal values must be divisible by 16, so you may need to make HFP either 16 pixels and HSP 144 pixels OR HFP 32 pixels and HSP 128 pixels.

I believe you should try and make the pixel clock as low as possible (44 MHz); since that is easier for the LPC's LCD controller to handle.

Children