This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How AXI addressing works for fixed burst with unaligned address.

Please consider following example:

Data bus width = 32 bit
burst size = 4 bytes
Burst length = 3
Address = 0x02
burst type = FIXED.

Write strobes are high from byte address 0x02 to the last byte in this burst i.e. in first data beat 2 write strobes are high and in remaining data beats all 4 are high.

If this is a write transfer which byte addresses of AXI slave will be written.

I am confused between these two:
1. In first data beat, byte locations 0x02 and 0x03 will be written. In second and subsequent data beats, since all strobes are high address 0x00 to 0x03 will be written
2. In first data beat, byte locations 0x02 and 0x03 will be written. In second and subsequent data beats, since address is 0x02, only two byte for 0x02 and 0x03 will be written.

Thanks in advance.
Parents
  • Can anyone clear the doubt of Virat Sharma, I have the same question. set values we are driving are wrong 

Set of values, we are driving, are wrong or right

If right what will be the number of valid bytes lane for each transfer and what will be those byte lanes. 

(If we are instructing to get 32bit data and getting only 16bits of it so either this scenario is wrong or AXI protocol supports an inefficient scenario. ) 

I am not expert but want to understand all these things 

• Can anyone clear the doubt of Virat Sharma, I have the same question. set values we are driving are wrong 

Set of values, we are driving, are wrong or right

If right what will be the number of valid bytes lane for each transfer and what will be those byte lanes. 

(If we are instructing to get 32bit data and getting only 16bits of it so either this scenario is wrong or AXI protocol supports an inefficient scenario. ) 

I am not expert but want to understand all these things 

Children
No data