TSMC CE018FG Library - Synthesis

Hi,

I am trying to set up the synthesis environment for Cortex M0 and I have downloaded the FE part of the library from your website. However, according to the tech setup script (cmsdk_mcu_system_tech.tcl), it seems I am missing a folder which contains the following files:

/tsmc/ce018fg/star-rcxt/1p6m/t018mm_1p6m_tf2itf.map
/tsmc/ce018fg/star-rcxt/1p6m/t018mm_1p6m.tluplus

I have tried to use /tsmc/star-rcxt/t018s6ml_tf2itf.map and /tsmc/ce018fg/arm_tech/r5p1/synopsys_tluplus/6lm/typical.tluplus which I was able to find on another package but it seems like I am getting the following errors when synthesising:

1. Checking the conducting layer names in ITF and mapping file ...
Error: Layer "METAL1" (metal1) exists in the MW-tech but not in the mapping AND ITF file. (TLUP-001)
Error: Layer "METAL2" (metal2) exists in the MW-tech but not in the mapping AND ITF file. (TLUP-001)
Error: Layer "METAL3" (metal3) exists in the MW-tech but not in the mapping AND ITF file. (TLUP-001)
Error: Layer "METAL4" (metal4) exists in the MW-tech but not in the mapping AND ITF file. (TLUP-001)
Error: Layer "METAL5" (metal5) exists in the MW-tech but not in the mapping AND ITF file. (TLUP-001)
Error: Layer "METAL6" (metal6) exists in the MW-tech but not in the mapping AND ITF file. (TLUP-001)
Error: Failed to load TLUPlus files. They may be corrupted. (TLUP-039)

Therefore, I think that this is the reason why my synthesis fails and I cannot get any area/power results for the MCU.

Could you please let me know where I can find the right .map and .tluplus files so that I can proceed with the synthesis as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance,
Nacho

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Nacho,

I asked an expert on this and he gave me the following answer. Hope this helps.

------

Hi Joseph,

The itf2map file is there to map between the layer naming which is used in the cell library and that which is used in the foundry extraction deck. Because the mapping file is one they have found with the extraction deck (tluplus, which is derived from itf) I would expect the column for the extraction deck to be correct and the library column to need updating.

Techfile (library) conductor names are in the left column, whilst extraction deck (tluplus/itf) conductor names are in the right hand column.

If they update the left hand column of **/t018s6ml_tf2itf.map they have found to use the same naming as they have in the LEF in the libraries area then it _should_ be happier. 

This should help them to understand the layer names which are to be used on the tf side.

grep LAYER <lef file> | grep -v ANTENNA |sort -u

Example type of change:

conducting_layers

metal1           M1

poly            n_fpoly

metal2           M2

metal3           M3

metal4           M4

metal5           M5

metal6           M6

metal7           M7

metal8           AP