This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Which ARM micro controller should I choose?

Hi,

I'm taking up a major project for my final year in college through which I plan on learning about the ARM architecture.

I want to build my own custom development board instead of using a pre-designed one. I understand the time and effort this will take and my professors and mentors will help me through this process.

My requirements are:

1. I need the development board to run be able to run embedded linux. I don't need it to run embedded linux but I would prefer to program it in C/C++ instead of ASM. This is my only reason to run it on embedded linux.

2. Wi-Fi is a must.

3. I will also be using voice recognition for voice commands(this is optional and I may skip it if not practical).

4. I will need to connect a few sensors and actuators.

5. Low power and long lasting on battery.

6. An LCD or LED display.

As this is a project, I'm looking for cheaper options. I do not want to use something like an arduino or raspberry pi simply because I want to have this learning experience.

I'm a complete beginner in ARM architecture and honestly do not know where to start. I've programmed on an Atmel architecture in the past(on a pre-designed development board) as well as arduino. Also, please let me know if ARM isn't the way to go.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

See ya!

Parents Reply Children