At MWC this year, 14 ARM employees had great fun participating in the ARM Step Challenge. Each participant wore an ARM Cortex-M3 based Fitbit device to track each step they took during the event.
The game has now been extended to ARM Partners! ARM and our ARM Connected Community Partners will be wearing Fitbit activity tracking devices during the ARM Step Challenge at DAC. We’ll be tracking each participants steps throughout the show and displaying the milestones using Golden Gate Bridges on monitors in the booth each day. Milestones are displayed in increments of 2,000 steps = 1 Golden Gate Bridge, and the daily goal is 10,000 steps – which is approximately 5 miles, depending on your stride. We will also have some fun challenges, such as how many steps it is from the ARM booth to the Designer Tracks, or to the DAC Pavilion, etc. (In case you are wondering, it is approximately 1.7 miles across the Golden Gate Bridge.)
There is an old Chinese saying “Know yourself and know your enemy, it is the sure way to victory”. If you haven't watched Brian Fuller's video, check out how the fierce competition has already began - The ARM Step Challenge at DAC: Throwing Down the Gauntlet. Running shoes, running hat, supplements, fruits.... everything is ready.
John Heinlein VP of Corporate Marketing, ARM, was one of the MWC ARM Step Challenge winners. Don't be surprised if you see him walking to dinner and then walking back to hotel. It's not the first time John has been to DAC, but it will be the busiest one for him. Let's see how John fights back. I like the end of the video, orange-grapefruit. I've heard rumors that more videos are coming...
However, even though these two speak louder, it doesn't necessarily mean they are going to win - perhaps some of the below participants have been quietly training. ARM and our partners will be tweeting and blogging throughout the competition, so be sure to follow #ARMStepChallenge and #51DAC on Twitter and Facebook. You will also be able track the ARM Step Challenge online during the show at ARMStepChallenge.com. I look forward to the competition for the most fit at the 51st DAC in San Francisco. Be sure to join in on the fun!
- John Heinlein, VP of Corporate Marketing, ARM
- Brad Nemire, US Community Manager, ARM
- Brian Fuller, Editor in Chief, Cadence Design Systems
- Preeti Gupta, Director RTL Product Management, Apache Design, A subsidiary of ANSYS
- Jonah Probell, Senior Solutions Architect and Patent Portfolio Manager, Arteris
- Jay Yantchev, CEO, VLAB Works / ASTC
- Bill Neifert, CTO, Carbon Design Systems
- Paul Cohen, Member of the Technical Staff, EDA Consortium
- Jerry Flake, Western Regional Sales/Support Manager, Lauterbach
- Katia Ribacenko, Customer Solutions Analyst, Memoir Systems
- Carole Dunn, Senior Communications Manager, Mentor Graphics
- Ranjeet Mankikar, Director of Application Engineering, NetSpeed Systems
- Tiffany Quan, Marketing Operations Specialist, Sonics
- Guy Bois, Founder, President and Chief Scientist, Space Codesign
- Phil Dworsky, Director of Strategic Alliances and Publisher of Synopsys Press, Synopsys
- Hau Lam, CEO, TSSI
- Robert Biczek, President and VP of Sales Zocalo Tech