No matching idea was found
Parents
  • Hi Myy

V10 brought with it the cut down editor which you have previous said you liked (with the exception of 'Enter to comment' enabled by default'!

Discussing this with the product team, it appears the complexity of the integration with the customised tinyMCE editor would make this extremely challenging to implement, especially in terms of disruption to the upgrade path. 

We also now have access to content filtering, and some more control over what elements can be changed in the WYSIWYG editor, so fonts and backgrounds have been removed as options in most applications, which also helps to maintain brand and readability.

Could you let me know how you are getting on now, and if you still feel this would be a worthwhile improvement considering the updates over the last few months?

There is still the option of raising a feature request with the platform vendors to include support for markdown, which I think might be a decent compromise.

Comment
  • Hi Myy

V10 brought with it the cut down editor which you have previous said you liked (with the exception of 'Enter to comment' enabled by default'!

Discussing this with the product team, it appears the complexity of the integration with the customised tinyMCE editor would make this extremely challenging to implement, especially in terms of disruption to the upgrade path. 

We also now have access to content filtering, and some more control over what elements can be changed in the WYSIWYG editor, so fonts and backgrounds have been removed as options in most applications, which also helps to maintain brand and readability.

Could you let me know how you are getting on now, and if you still feel this would be a worthwhile improvement considering the updates over the last few months?

There is still the option of raising a feature request with the platform vendors to include support for markdown, which I think might be a decent compromise.

Children
No Data