Hi Friends, greetings of the day...
I am new to this Arm community and very beginner to work on Arm cortex...
I am doing some investigation on a multi-core processor.
1. Can some one please tell me what is the power consumption of arm cortex A5 core ?
There is a default core from which i am going to enable A5 core and measure the current.
2. Should there be any change in the power consumption, if A5 is operating at different clock rates?
Hope my question is clear and sorry if there is any mistake : )
Please reply... Thanks
Hello, ARM develops the architecture and licenses it to other companies, therefore power consumption of particular processor depends on implementation of processor core design.
Find out who produces your ARM Cortex A5 processor and get its datasheet with information about power consumption.
I give you example of two processors with the same core design but different implementations:
1) NXP i.MX 6 Series Applications Processors with ARM Cortex A9 core;
2) Texas Instruments Sitara AM4x Processors with ARM Cortex A9 core.
Hi Vanhealsing, Thanks for the reply.
1. I am using HALO mac57d5xx from NXP. I have checked the datasheet of this chip but i dont see anything related to
the power consumption of A5 core...
2. And i don't understand why memcpy function is taking more time when executed in A5 core which is running at
higher frequency (320Mhz) compared to M4 core running at lower frequency (160 Mhz)... Could you please comment on this Vanhealsing.
I tried with lower frequency for A5 core too, but the result was same....
Thanks in advance.
Hope you understood my question. or
Do you want me to elaborate.