2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2014 9:25 AM by carlov. RSS

Unable to get CADI server port number

carlov. Bit

Hello,

I'm a beginner in using DS-5 and to be familiar with that tool, I have downloaded and installed DS-5 Community Edition, version 5.19.0.

After installation, I started using the Fixed Virtual Platforms available on the package in order to start exercising on my laptop, so without real hardware indeed. I'm just following available user guide, but  "Launch and connect to specific model" step failed, with the error message reported in subject.

ERROR_MESSAGE.png

Have you got any clues for me?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Carlo

• Re: Unable to get CADI server port number
    joealderson Employee

Hi Carlo,

To enable the models, you need a license for DS-5 Professional Edition (Cortex-A8, Cortex-A9x4) or Ultimate Edition (Cortex-A8, Cortex-A9x4 and ARMv8 FVP).

Provided that you installed Community Edition as a "standalone", rather than as Eclipse plugins, you can go to Help > ARM License Manager... > Add License... and then select "Generate a 30-day evaluation license". This will allow you to use DS-5 Professional Edition for 30-days. Finally, use the dropdown under "Select the toolkit that you intend to use" to change the version to Professional Edition, then restart Eclipse as prompted.

If you're interested in trying the ARMv8 support available in Ultimate Edition, you can request a trial: Try DS-5 Ultimate Edition | ARM DS-5 Development Studio

Extra models can be purchased separately from ARM.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Joe