1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 25, 2014 9:49 AM by joealderson RSS

DS-5 Add license fails at developer account login

nealeb Null

I have an Altera Arria V SOC Development kit.

I am attempting to activate the ARM DS-5 license that is provided with the kit, but for some reason it fails at the last step.

I have created an ARM account, and can use it successfully to log into the ARM website, but when I attempt to add the license (press the 'finish') button, it fails with the following error:

Unable to login. Check email address and password are correct.

I know the address and password are correct, so what is going on here? I have tried creating another account with a different e-mail address, but that doesn't work either. I am now being prevented from doing productive work while I attempt to license something that I've already paid for.

I don't know if the diagnostics are of value here, but I'll attach them anyway:

System Information:

OS name: Windows XP

Java version: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM, 20.10-b01

PATH environment variable: C:/altera/13.1/embedded/ds-5/bin/../sw/eclipse//../java/bin/server;C:/altera/13.1/embedded/ds-5/bin/../sw/eclipse//../java/bin;C:/altera/13.1/embedded/ds-5/bin/../sw/eclipse//../java/lib/i386;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\ds-5\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\ds-5\sw\java\bin;C:\altera\13.1\quartus\bin;C:\altera\13.1\quartus\sopc_builder\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\altera\preloadergen;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\altera\mkpimage;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\altera\device_tree;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\gnu\H-i686-pc-mingw32\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\gnu\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\mentor\gnu\arm\baremetal\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\python;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\ds-5\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\cygwin\bin;C:\altera\13.1\embedded\host_tools\cygwin\bin;C:\Documents and Settings\t0033863;

Product Information:

Version: 5.15.0

Build number: 5150018

Build date: 201306

Selected toolkit: none

ARM_DS_TOOLKIT_KEY environment variable: not set

arm.ds.toolkit.key system property: not set

Host IDs:

D4BED99268D8: Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

Licenses are searched for in the following locations:

ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable: "C:\Documents and Settings\t0033863\Application Data\ARM\DS-5\licenses"

LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable: not set

DS-5 licenses directory: "C:\Documents and Settings\t0033863\Application Data\ARM\DS-5\licenses"

I'd appreciate any help with this.