4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2014 7:35 AM by zhizhou RSS

how to get ARMv8 model

zhizhou Bit

I'm trying to run example of ds-5 for armv8.

on this step, I can't find FVP_VE_Cortex-A57x4.so, could anyone tell me how to get ARMv8 model? and what's it? how to install it?

thanks very much

"On Linux hosts: ./model_shell <Install dir of ARMv8 model>/lib/FVP_VE_Cortex-A57x4.so -S"

• Re: how to get ARMv8 model
    mweidmann Employee

DS-5 for ARMv8 does not ship with a model (FVP).  These are licensed and shipped separately. 

There a couple of ways to get hold of a model...

• Use the free Foundation model.  However, this won't let you do bare metal debug, which is what I guessing you wish to do with DS-5.
    • Use a pre-built FVP (fixed virtual platform) model.  These are models provided by ARM as pre-built binaries.  They are fixed in the sense that the memory map/peripheral set can't be changed.  However, they do have parameters to configure some aspects of the model.
    • Use the Fast Models to build your own customer models

You may have already licenses a model or models.  Otherwise I'd suggest contacting ARM's support team (Self-Service).

• Re: how to get ARMv8 model
      zhizhou Bit

Martin, thanks for reply.

I have got a license of A53 of fast model. but after I build the project from example. the fastmodel only generate there files, that I didn't see FVP_VE_Cortex-A53x4.so in them:

~/FastModels/FastModelsPortfolio_8.3/examples/FVP_VE/Build_Cortex-A53x4$ ls Linux64-Debug-GCC-4.1/

cadi_system_Linux64-Debug-GCC-4.1.so                   gen          libarmctmodel.so                     libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.2

FVP_VE_Cortex_A53x4_Linux64-Debug-GCC-4.1_Makefile.sg  isim_system  libMAXCOREInitSimulationEngine.so.2

Could you tell me how to build FVP_VE_Cortex-A53x4.so? thanks