R for Real-time
We are very excited to have partnered with Renesas Electronics to introduce support for the recently announced Renesas RZ/T1 product series in ARM DS-5 Development Studio. The new device family comprises ten ARM Powered® products aimed at industrial applications that require both high performance and real-time predictability. Based on an ARM® Cortex®-R4 processor operating at up to 600 MHz, the product line also includes configurations that feature a Cortex-M3 core to enable highly integrated asymmetrical multi-processing (AMP) applications. Visit Renesas website (English/Japanese) if you want to learn more about the RZ/T1 series.
Renesas RZ/T1 in DS-5
ARM DS-5 is a complete software development tools solution for RZ/T1 users. It includes efficient C/C++ code generation for both ARM cores and full support for synchronous and asynchronous AMP debug.
Some benefits of DS-5 for RZ/T1:
- ARM Compiler 5: industry reference C/C++ compiler for Cortex-R4 and Cortex-M3 processors, compatible with the widest range of RTOS, middleware and third-party tools
- Simultaneous debug connections to both ARM processors
- Collection, decode, synchronization and visualization of trace data from ARM CoreSight™ ETM (Embedded Trace Macrocell) and ITM (Instrumentation Trace Macrocell) units for faster bug finding
- TÜV SÜD certified compiler and compiler qualification documentation for functional safety certification
- Built-in OS awareness for leading commercial real time operating systems (RTOS)
Target connections for your every need
Depending on the stage you are in the software development project and your budget, you may select different technologies to connect DS-5 to your RZ/T1 target. See below summary of the target connection options, for you to pick the right one for your needs.
|Target connection type||Best for||Trace capture|
|DSTREAM||Board bring-up, high-performance debug and ETM trace-based analysis|
off-chip (4 GB DSTREAM)
on-chip (4 KB ETB)
|ULINKpro||Fast software debug with on chip trace (Note: ULINKpro trace is not supported in DS-5)||on-chip (4 KB ETB)|
|ULINKpro D||Fast software debug with on-chip trace||on-chip (4 KB ETB)|
|ULINK2||Basic software debug||on-chip (4 KB ETB)|
|CMSIS-DAP||Silicon evaluation on development boards (USB connection to board, no debug hardware required)||on-chip (4 KB ETB)|
RZ/T1 platform configuration file is available for DS-5 version 5.20 users upon request. If you require access to it now, get in touch.