OK, first some introductions…
So you might notice is that I am not Andrew Sloss. After many years in the role of driving the conversation and ARM business development in HPC, Andrew Sloss has handed off that task to the ARM Server Segment team and me in particular to keep the ARM HPC ball rolling. I am pleased to say that Andrew is still at ARM and still involved in HPC within ARM with a much more strategic focus. He will be one of many ARM folks attending SC14 in New Orleans this November. At last count we had at least a dozen R&D and marketing folks signed up to attend so please stop by booth (#3458) to meet us or contact us ahead of time so we can schedule a private chat (I can be reached via my email firstname.lastname@example.org).
ARM Booth #3458 – where you can find us at SC’14
While our new and improved booth is located along the back right section of the exhibit hall, it is important to note that our partners will be hosting dozens of booths placed throughout the convention center. ARM is a “behind the scenes” enabling technology for many HPC participants. We provide the most prevalent industry-standard ISA, as well as the enabling technologies, ecosystem, and partnership for creating custom, application specific HPC SoCs. The results of our technologies and our partners’ inspiration come in all shapes and sizes. At SC’14, we are excited to be demonstrating the latest 64-bit ARM-based HPC server hardware from an assortment of platform and SoC partners. Please see the Demo schedule below for more details…
ARM Booth Demo Schedule
Tuesday, Oct 18th 2014
- Cirrascale highlights their RM1905D product that includes a pair of 64-bit ARM-based servers in 1U, each with an NVIDIA Tesla
high-performance GPU. Cirrascale is also hosting an Exhibitor booth, #2131 at SC14.
- E4 Computer Engineering is in from Italy to display their short depth, 1U rack server, complete with Applied Micro X-Gene SoC, NVIDIA
Kepler GPU, and infiniband. E4 can also be seen at their own Exhibitor’s booth, #4029 at SC14.
- Pathscale shows off early work on their EKOPath Fortran compiler for ARMv8.
Wednesday, Oct 19th 2014
- SoftIron touts their new production ***6408.2 server motherboard with integrated security and packet processing features.
- MiTAC (parent company of Tyan) is on hand with their high-density and performance Datun (64-bit ARM-based) servers featuring 8x
Applied Micro X-Gene SoCs in 1U.
Thursday, Oct 20th 2014
- SoftIron with its ***6408.2 Server hardware.
- Cirrascale highlights their RM1905D product.
ARM Booth Theatre
This year the ARM booth will host daily presentations by ARM and its partners discussing various HPC technologies and trends. Please swing by our booth to check out the schedule.
ARM and its partners will be participating in several events as well as theatre talks throughout the week:
- ARM’s John Hengeveld will present at the SC’14 Exhibitor Forum
(Wednesday, Nov. 19th, 4:00pm – 4:30pm): HPC Futures and
- ARM’s Wendy Elsasser will participate on a panel about the
Future of Memory Technology for Exascale and Beyond (Wednesday, Nov
19th, 3:30pm – 5:00pm)
- Piero Altoe of E4 Company will present at the Exhibitor Forum
(Tuesday, Nov. 18th, 11:00am – 11:30am): E4-ARKA: ARM64+GPU+IB
- ARM’s Eric Van Hensbergen will speak in the Nvidia booth
(Thursday, Nov. 20th, Noon – 12:30pm): The ARM Ecosystem from
Sensors to Supercomputers
As the clock ticks near to SC’14, please keep an eye out for significant announcements and press releases in regards to ARM, its partners, and HPC. I will update this space as they occur.