Now that you’ve joined the new online ARM Connected Community, how do you improve your chances of being found? By setting up your profile with relevant information (especially tags), you will increase your chances of being found by users who are seeking yours and your company's expertise.
Your User Profile
- Complete your profile. To access your profile, please click your name or the icon to the left of Welcome. Then click Edit profile & privacy. Remember to add Expertise and Tags. Please review Recommended Tag List for suggestions. Also think of the key words relevant to your company and industry.
- Click the privacy tab and review privacy settings to select what you show (“Registered Users” for all but phone and email is advised). Click Save.
- Click your name or the icon to the left of Welcome again and select photo & avatar. Add a profile picture, and select an avatar. Click Finished.
To limit the number of emails you receive, you may want to switch some notifications off:
- Click your name or the icon to the left of Welcome again and go to Preferences,
- “Inbox: Everything in my inbox page” – OFF
- Community Digest – Everyday summary. See Reporting for Users: Get Feedback on How Your Content is Doing on why I recommend this summary.
- Select your Time Zone. Click save.
Engage in the Community
- Follow and interact with other members. How about me Lori Kate Smith?
- Check that you follow your interest places at the top right, so you can stay informed. You need to join a group (groups have the purple square) before being able to contribute in it. I suggest Find a Partner for one. The other initial places include News Android Community ARM and Keil Tools ARM Mali Graphics Embedded ARM Processors Internet of Things SoC Implementation.
- Keep in mind that before contributing to a group, you need to join that group.
You can ask questions in the Community Help section. This section also includes videos explaining the platform.
- If you are not familiar with the interface, you may also read the QuickStart guides, House Rules for the ARM Connected Community, watch the videos and blogs that I’ve written with tips. You may check out my Bookmarks to see the blogs.
- Please do not edit the layout of your partner space. If you have a better idea, please contact us directly.
There is also a generic guide Setting Up Your Profile that contains useful tips.
I hope that these tips help you with connecting with your customers, Partners and peers. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Several of the discussions I’ve started have been my most viewed pieces of content. Others learn from the questions too.
I hope that these tips help you with connecting with your customers, Partners and peers.
Do I miss anything? Please share your experiences with us.
My earlier blogs might help you with other tips and tricks:
- 4 Reasons Why I’m Excited about the New Online ARM Connected Community® for Partners (make it easier to design with ARM; increase the number of engineers engaging online; increase the visibility of Partners in these discussions and a technology-leading community platform)
- Video: Part 2 on Why I’m Excited about the New Online CC for Partners
- Communicating Software and Tool Updates
- Company Overview Tips: PR boilerplate, ARM, China, Pictures and Tags
- Reporting for Users: Get Feedback on How Your Content is Doing
- Reporting for Partners: Get Feedback on How Your Content is Doing and Who’s Looking at It
Looking for other insight? Let me know and I’ll research it and post it.