Update on the Community
We have been able to roll out most changes peacefully last weekend (for details, see Saturday Maintenance, EELive!, Single Board Computer and MicroConsult).
Here are some numbers about the community at the end of 2014 Q1, 5 months after we launched the community publicly. Numbers are rounded to the closest value.
|Item||Total||in Q1||By Business Day|
|Pieces of content||13,000||1,900||30|
|Active Partner Spaces||400||215||3.5|
I thought the contribution per business day was very relevant as we have a professional community and contribution as well as traffic tends to be much lower during weekends.
Next week I will give you an overview of membership profile split.
Every week, I pick a few items on the community I think you should see. You can also find featured content on the community homepage and on the overview page of each community.
- Using the static keyword in C by Jacob
- Mali GPU Tools: A Case Study, Part 1 - Profiling Epic Citadel by Lorenzo until you can read Part 2!
- ARM Compiler 6 - Best in class code generation for the ARM Architecture and DS-5 Ultimate Edition: Leading ARMv8 tools now widely available from our development tools team
- Don't miss the Check out SMIC's 2014 Technology Workshop - April 24 if you are in Shanghai and interested in SoC Implementation
- Finally, benefit from Tom's Software Platforms for IoT Development list.
Juergen Jagst wrote the most viewed content last week: ADAS – A Small Introduction of the Future of Automobiles. It includes the 560+ pages report from the 1968 United Nation Conference on Road Traffic in English, French, Russian...
Cadence Design Systems, and more particularly Brian Fuller, has been very active this week with multiple articles like What wins today? Platforms, standards, smart methodologies.
Tip - Activity Streams and Notifications
For better efficiency, I use different streams based on subject and urgency.
There are subjects or people you want to read every now and again when you come on the community. But there are others you want to receive an immediate notifications about.
I would advise you have a stream dedicated to your colleagues or your Partner space from which you want to receive emails straight away.
For more information read How To Create/Manage a Custom Stream? and watch Finding and Connecting with People, Content and Places. If you need more clarification, please do ask in Community Help.