Update on the Community
This week is ARM Mali Graphics Week - April 13 -17, 2015. I invite you to review that blog daily to find the newly published information which will be added there by Ryan Booth and Ellie Stone, your ARM Mali Graphics community owners.
We are currently thinking about renaming the ARM and Keil Tools community to Software Development Tools. This would widen its scope and also acknowledge that CMSIS (Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard) is not limited to ARM provided tools but applicable to all tools! Its URL would stay the same as today, and is also available at http://cc.arm.com/tools.
Would anyone see an objection to that name change?
The weekly digest that you receive weekly by default is based on your network.
I have made a change to make it clearer in the email. It means that if you only subscribed to non-active members, the same content may be sent to you for several weeks as it will be the latest content available there. The search and recommendation engine is using your activity, contributions and subscriptions to automatically generate these (= we have no influence in them, you choose). As you become more active and start to follow content, members and communities in your different streams, the content you receive will be increasingly pertinent, useful.
Promoting the iOS Mobile App - Smart Banner
A few members have asked if a mobile app was available. Even if we have documented this in Mobile App, iOS, Android - Guide, I admit this is not necessarily obvious. So, we have now added the smart banner for iOS devices. You will now see what you have on the right hand side. Until we work to get an ARM Connected Community branded app, you will need to enter community.arm.com in the "Jive URL" field at the first app start-up, before you can enter your username (not you email address) and password.
Every week, we pick a few items on the community we think you should see. You can also find featured content on the community homepage and on the overview page of each community.
- The tremendous value Open Data Plane brings to NFV - Webinar is now available on the community. You can ask your questions too.
- Doulos list of trainings has been updated in Upcoming Doulos ARM Training Schedule.
- Dynamic Soft Shadows Based on Local Cubemap, Refraction Based on Local Cubemaps, Lighting in Games, and A summary of OpenGL ES 3.1 demos and samples part of the Community Graphics Week.
- A ceiling fan made for the Internet of Things from the ARM Innovation Hub
- What's new in ARM Streamline – DS-5 v5.21 in ARM and Keil Tools
Tip - Profile Privacy Settings
By default, most of your details are not shared, even with other members in order to respect your privacy. Therefore, when you populate your profile, also think about reviewing your privacy settings.
For instance, if you wish others to know what your job title is, then on top of filling the form, you need to select who will be able to read the information.
There are 4 levels:
- Everyone: any visitor
- Registered users: visible to logged in members
- Connections: visible to people you follow
- Yourself: visible to you and system administrators.
Have a question about the community?
First check to see if the question has already been answered in Community Help, and if not, start a new thread.
Thanks for reading, now please contribute!