Update on the Community
As planned, we launched the Wearables community at the end of last week and we have moved relevant content to that new area. This is a perfect illustration of how we grow the community: once we have enough content, ownership and a plan, we spin-off new areas.
Would you like to contribute personally, or through your company? Get in touch now!
Progression of the ARM Connected Community in 2014
Since launch, I have been reporting on progression of members, and engagement in the past. Today, even if views are only a small part of the story, I wanted to show the progression of the community traffic in 2014.
As David Blaza said when compiling the data points, "building a community takes time". I hope we can accelerate this growth and the pertinence of the content for everyone. We are using the results of the 1y survey for this, but you're welcome to comment or email me your preferences.
This progression was plotted using Google Analytics and, because of the way the system works, it underestimates views on the community. Ask me if you want to know why.
The ARM Connected Community traffic in December 2014 was 253% the traffic of January 2014.
Every week, we pick a few items on the community we think you should see. You can also find featured content on the community homepage and on the overview page of each community.
- This week is Embedded World and Philippe gave us an update from the showfloor in Embedded World 2015 has started, and what a start! ARM won the Embedded World 2015 software award.
- How We Use ARM to Let Users Talk With Their Hands - The Myo armband by @ThalmicLabs
- The latest News Scan 24/2 by Tom
- Exploring the ARM CoreLink™ CCI-500 performance envelope – Part 2 from Cadence's Nick Heaton
- ARM Sensors to Servers Demonstration at Embedded World 2015
- MediaTek scales the mobile market with Mali™-T720 in the ARM Mali Graphics community
This week we welcome DSP Soundware and Scott Kurtz to the community. DSP Soundware is dedicated to the development of algorithms and software that bring the ultimate “You Are There” HD sound quality to voice communication applications. I would highly recommend reading Acoustic Beamforming Software as the document explains the principles of beamforming on top of describing how they use it.
Tip - Finding All Contributions from a Specific Member
That's a question I received by email this week. How can you find everything that a member has written?
You can do that from the member profile:
- Search for that member and click on the their name,
- Once you are on their profile, click on the Content tab,
- On the left, you can have a few choices:
- Authored: what the member started.
- Participated: what the member engaged on (comments, replies...).
- Following: what content the member subscribed to.
On the member profile, use the left to choose content created by that member or content (s)he participated to
Have a question about the community?
First check to see if the question has already been answered in Community Help, and if not, start a new thread.
Thanks for reading!