Update on the Community
With Feedback and Metrics Come Great Things
Or at least useful things. We've observed that traffic is coming to pages which don't exist on our community.
To serve something somewhat useful to the user, we have changed the Not Found page, supporting multi-languages. That's a change I hope you won't see...
We've cleaned-up the homepage carousel as well, based on your feedback.
Finally, we fixed the syntax highlighter on mobile Chrome as the text was clipped in phone portrait mode.
Thanks for letting us know, giving us the opportunity to do something about it!
On Sunday, our software vendor will be doing some maintenance on the community. Look at the announcement on the homepage for more info.
Retiring Photo Albums
We will be removing the photo album feature from the community next month. It hasn't been used much, and we believe it has too many limitations. It will also slightly simplify the interface.
We have started transferring photo album images into documents, or blogs in our topic areas.
Members having photo albums on their profile will be contacted individually before we take a default action.
We intend to allocate the money saved in getting more content and useful features.
Almost every week, I pick a few items on the community I think you should see. You can also find featured content on the community homepage and on the overview page of each community.
- This week is wearables week: ARM Wearables Week - 17 - 21 November 2014 - #ARMWearablesWK indexes the content and competition details (closing 21st).
- Thank you for taking the opportunity to ask your question to the ARM Cortex-M MCU expert on The specified item was not found.
- With 42 ARM Partner exhibiting, 35 technical tracks, ARM Tech Symposia 2014 - Europe is soon approaching... If you're attending, let's meet there!
- 5 IoT Challenges for Connected Car Development by Joe Hanson.
- More ARM TechCon 2014 presentations are being posted every week.
- Condition Codes 1: Condition Flags and Codes stays very popular. If you are learning about ARM, I recommend the series!
Rich Evans is a software engineer in the graphics developer relation team. Rich has been helping addressing many questions in ARM Mali Graphics. Follow him if you are interested in how to best use the Mali products.
Forlinx Embedded Technology specialises in computer on modules, single board computers and does the manufacturing on top of the design. This Chinese company has their product information in the community.
Tip - Email Notifications on Your Content
When you reply/comment or create some content, you will automatically "follow" it in your inbox activity stream.
It means that you subscribe to the content for any update automatically.
The default behaviour at account creation used to be not to send email on these. Since last week, we have changed this.
The first item should be "On" to receive email notifications:
Is there anything taking you too much time?
Tell us and we can see if we can help reduce that!